- The school was built of Cotswold stone bricks and could accommodate 120 children from 4½ years to 7 years.
- There were 49 infants on the register in 1951.
- Miss P M L Otter was the first Headteacher.
- Three years later, because of overcrowding in the other schools in Stratford the first junior class was established.
- By the end of 1957 the new junior buildings were linked to the library by a corridor.
- In 1968 Mr E Bavin became Headteacher.
- In 1981, on a separate site in the school grounds, a new open-plan building was erected to accommodate 140 infants.
- Mr D E Davies was appointed Headteacher of Thomas Jolyffe School in 1988 and retired in 2006 after 18 years of leadership.
- Mrs Simpson was Headteacher 2006-2008.
- The Warwickshire bear is found at the base of the school flagstaff.
- Miss Otter, the first Headteacher, designed the school badge.
- The Architect of the original 1951 building gave the statue of Ariel to the school which is sited outside the main entrance door.
- Mr M Cocker was Headteacher from April 2009 until July 2016.
In 1456 Master Thomas Jolyffe was a priest of the Guild of the Holy Cross in Church Street.
There is no evidence that he ever taught in a school but his mother and father gave money for the education of boys in Stratford.
In 1482 he endowed the Guild School with property, the income from which enabled a schoolmaster priest to be employed in Stratford “to teach grammar freely to all scholars coming to the (Guild) school”.
In the Guild Chapel there is a picture of Thomas Jolyffe in a stained glass window.