Option 1- Active Charades
- Think of as many different exercises as you can that will get your heart beating fast, such as throwing a ball, jumping, crawling, rolling, jogging, star jumps, cycling, kicking a ball etc.
- Rip up a piece of paper and write one activity on each piece.
- Put them all in a box or bag.
- One player takes one out and mimes the action.
- The others guess what the action is. How many can they guess correctly in one minute?
Option 2- Fox in the Hen House
For this game you will need to turn into Fantastic Mr Fox. You will need some space, so it is a good game to play when you are outside for your daily exercise.
You will need to use sticks or leaves to mark a start and finish point (around 5 metres apart). At the finish point, place around 10 sticks, stones, balls or whatever you can find outside. These are your chickens!
- Stand at the start line and when your family member says go, you must run to the finish point and collect one item (chicken/hen) at a time and bring it back to the start.
- Can you collect all 10 items in 30 seconds? You are quite a hungry fox, remember!
- If the challenge is too easy, move the starting point back by 1 or 2 metres.
- If the challenge is too hard, extend the time.
Option 4- Fitness Challenge
- Write down 6 of your favourite workout activities that you can count (star jumps, sit-ups, press ups, squats, squat jumps, lunges, burpees etc.)
- Ask an adult or sibling to set a timer for 30 seconds
- Start with your first activity and see how many you can do in 30 seconds
- Write down your result
- Continue for all 6 activities, writing down the results each time
- When you have completed all 6, have a rest
- Then try them again and see if you can beat your score